Dealing With Difficult People Training
One Day (6 Hour) Workshop
Tailored To Your Needs And Delivered At Your Site
Why Attend This Workshop?
- Got someone who is just difficult, negative or obstructive?
- Do you have employees you dread dealing with?
- Really wish a colleague would find a great job somewhere else?
- Inherited some difficult people?
- Got two members of staff who just don’t get on with each other?
- Are you unsure how to conduct a “protected” conversation?
You are not alone. This workshop covers both the legal aspects of terminating the employment of a worker who the organisation simply wants to leave and the psychology of handling such people, using Transactional Analysis, NLP and assertiveness.
What Will Be Covered At This Workshop?
- Psychology of difficult people
- What causes difficult behaviour?
- Transactional Analysis - moving someone from their child state
- NLP techniques for changing behaviours
- Reframing - turn pessimists to "optimists"
- Assertiveness skills
- Without prejudice/Protected conversations
- Compromise/Settlement agreements
- Guidance on 'pitching' the financial package and the 'easy wins'
- Relevant case law
- Potential risks of exiting an employee who is meeting objectives
- How to handle a compromise/settlement agreement discussion
- Group work revolving around a real situation - share experiences with other delegates
If you do not want the compromise/settlement agreement sections covered in this workshop, then they can be replaced with more practical skills in dealing with difficult people.
If you are facing specific issues, we can deliver this workshop offsite, using the issue as the basis of the session, allowing managers to prepare for follow up action. In addition we can provide ongoing coaching of relevant managers and also facilitate mediation meetings if required.
Not Your Decision?
If you are interested but it is not your decision to run such training at your organisation, then please either forward this page on to the relevant decision maker or email us their contact details and we will subtly suggest they run it!
How Much Does This Cost?
To run this 6 hour workshop in-house typically costs £950 +VAT depending upon how much tailoring is required; how many delegates and location.
To express an interest in Protostar tailoring this workshop to your needs and delivering to up to 15 managers, please contact us here.
Expressing interest does not commit you!
Protostar Leadership Development Ltd
Belmont Business Park
Phone UK Office 0191 3855455
Phone Mexico Office 0052 55 8526 1377