4 Hour Or Full Day Workshop
Tailored To Your Needs And Run At Your Site
Despite a widespread awareness of best practice regarding absence management, absence levels still remain stubbornly around 8 days per year per employee and the solution does not appear clear.
This workshop gives a refresher of the legal aspects of absence management along with best practice procedures before moving into more proactive/creative solutions. Group work will allow you to hear techniques that have worked for others and to discuss how they might work in your organisation. Techniques used in other parts of the world, will spark debate. The full day version will allow you to practice running return to work meetings and review your existing procedures.
A taster session covering how absence data can be used to tackle absence issues, was delivered at the Health and Wellbeing Conference.
Download a copy of the presentation here, or click image.
|Why Run This Workshop?|
Do These Sound Familiar?
Too sick to come to work but well enough to take holiday?
More time at the doctor's than at work?
No more light work or desk based duties available?
Regular patterns of absence emerging?
Not sure how to make reasonable adjustments?
What Will Be Covered
- Proactive steps to avoid absence
- Collecting meaningful absence data
- Proactive steps to curtail absence
- Return to work interviews
- Home visits
- Engaging Occupational Health
- Monitoring employees who are absent from work
- Hiring private detectives and other last resort actions
- Group work to deal with some real life problematic employees
- Having difficult conversations (Only in full day workshop)
- Development of action plan (full day workshop)
- Review of your policies and procedures (full day workshop)
- Where does the law stand on short term and long term absence?
- Relevance of disability
- Relevance of pregnancy and maternity absence
- Sick pay - your obligations
- Fit notes - are they binding?
- Forcing medical opinions
- Access to medical records
- Review of evidence regarding 'best practice' absence management
- Case studies showing success
Who Should Attend?
This seminar will be of particular relevance to HR Managers, Line Managers, Occupational Health Specialists, FDs and Owner-Managers.
Half and Full Day Versions
Typically this workshop runs for 4 hours however a 6 hour version allows for soft skills training such as running a challenging return to work interview and also to action plan.
Not Your Decision?
If you are interested but it is not your decision to run such training at your organisation, then please either forward this page on to the relevant decision maker or email us their contact details and we will subtly suggest they run it!
How Much Does This Cost?
To run this workshop in-house typically costs £850 +VAT (4 hour) or £1100+ VAT (6 hour) depending upon how much tailoring is required; how many delegates and location.
To express an interest in Protostar tailoring this workshop to your needs and delivering to up to 15 managers, please contact us here.
Expressing interest does not commit you!